Beckenhauer Construction is celebrating 140 years in business and we are a leader in our market in negotiated construction management services. Much of our work is with repeat clients or from referrals, which is testimony to the great efforts of our teams. We are a progressive company seeking continued smart growth of our business and recognize that our people are our greatest asset in pursuit of that goal. We look to provide growth in our team members’ skills as well as career opportunities for everyone in our organization. When we add a new team member we look for the very best people and reward them accordingly. Implementing new technology to make peoples jobs easier and more fun allows our focus on continuous improvement and implementation of lean construction techniques sure to provide further success for years to come. Live and work in friendly community’s with more of a country feel and country friendliness and build facilities that benefit those communities for years to come.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Bonus Plan
- Company Vehicle Benefit
- Health Insurance
- voluntary supplementary insurance available
- Experience with hard bid desired, conceptual estimating a plus.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Project, Timberline, Bluebeam.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously from preconstruction phase through conceptual and final estimate.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Evaluate and maintain historical cost database(s).
- Develop conceptual Cost Models to assist owners and architects with preliminary planning.
- Independently develop accurate detailed estimates, including self-perform work.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with Owners, Designers, Government Officials, Employees,
- Subcontractors, Material Vendors, etc.
- Strong understanding of drawings and specifications allowing thorough constructability analysis
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas
- Ability to offer suggestions for cost savings through utilizing differing materials, offer value engineering ideas that create the greatest value for the project.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, and Engineers.
- Solicit subcontractor interest in projects.
- Develop scopes of work/bid packages.
- Develop initial schematic schedule/timeline for project duration.