Beckenhauer Construction is a progressive company that recognizes our people are our greatest asset in the pursuit of continued smart growth of our business. We look to provide growth in our team members’ skills as well as career opportunities for everyone in our organization. When we add a new team member, we look for the very best people and reward them accordingly. Beckenhauer Construction is celebrating over 140 years in business and is a leader in negotiated construction management services in our market. Much of our work is with repeat clients or from referrals, which is testament to the great efforts of our teams. We focus on continuous improvement; embrace sophisticated technology (to make people’s jobs easier, more efficient, and more fun) and implement Lean Construction techniques to ensure success for years to come.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Bonus Plan
- Company Vehicle Benefit
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance with Accidental Death & Dismemberment 1X Salary
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary supplementary insurance available
- Experience with hard bid desired, conceptual estimating a plus.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Project, Timberline, Bluebeam.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously from preconstruction phase through conceptual and final estimate.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Evaluate and maintain historical cost database(s).
- Develop conceptual Cost Models to assist owners and architects with preliminary planning.
- Independently develop accurate detailed estimates, including self-perform work.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with Owners, Designers, Government Officials, Employees,
- Subcontractors, Material Vendors, etc.
- Strong understanding of drawings and specifications allowing thorough constructability analysis
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas
- Ability to offer suggestions for cost savings through utilizing differing materials, offer value engineering ideas that create the greatest value for the project.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, and Engineers.
- Solicit subcontractor interest in projects.
- Develop scopes of work/bid packages.
- Develop initial schematic schedule/timeline for project duration.